1. Which cells secrete T3 and T4?
2. What is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism?
3. What hormone does the parafollicular cells or C cells produced?
4. What substance is needed for the synthesis of thyroid hormones?
5. TSH is release from which endocrine gland?
6. Release of TRH and TSH is due to an elevated level of _______.
7. High iodine levels suppresses what hormone secretion?
8. _____ promotes normal development and activity of the thyroid gland.
9. Low blood levels of T3 and T4 stimulate the _______ to secrete TRH.
10. What is the other name for thyroxine?
Grace is a new freshmen college student who hates herself for she's been gaining weight and her neck looks fat. She also has odd butterfly shaped swelling across the front of her neck under her chin. She's also been feeling tired and mentally dull.
What is the probable cause of her symptoms?
What probable cause does Grace is suffering from?
What test would you recommend to diagnose her?
LACTATE DEHYDROGENASE DETERMINATION QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS - *1. Discuss the principle of the test.* LDH in the serum catalyzes the oxidation reduction of lactate to pyruvate, which is measured spectrophotometri...
9 months ago